CONCESSIONS TO RECIPIENT OF GALLANTRY MEDALS
(1) Medal Allowances - Rs. 1500/- PPMG & Rs.900/- PMG.
(2) Ist Class/II AC Sleeper Complimentary Card Pass. The passes will be issued by the Office of the Divisional Railway Manager and Headquarters office of the Railway on receipt of an application on plain paper from the recipients of Gallantry Award.
(3) Municipal Corporation of Delhi vide their resolution No.471 passed in Adjourned special meeting held on 14/2/2000 has exempted Police Gallantry Medal Awardees from payments of House Tax in respect of self occupied property subject to the certain conditions.
(4) Ministry of Finance vide their notification No.SO.1048 (E) dated 24/11/2000 exempted income Tax to the recipients of Gallantry Medals under sub clause (i) of clauses (18) of Section 16 of Income Tax Act, 1961.
(5) 75% discount in Air journeys on Indian Air lines in economy class.
(6) Concessional Telephone facilities (BSNL) to PPMG awardees. The following concession in residential telephone to these recipients will be available :-
(a) Registration under N-OYT-Special Category.
(b) No registration fee
(c) No installation fee
(d) No rental charges.
(7) 50% concession (To Male Recipients and 60% Concession to female recipients ) in basic Mail/Express fares of all classes and in the fares of Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains to the recipients of President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service who attain the age of 60 years of age and above, is available on the production of Identity Cards issued by Ministry of Home at the time of purchase of tickets and during journey when demanded by Railway officials for inspection/verification.